Spam is the electronic version of “junk mail.” The term spam refers to unsolicited, often unwanted email messages. Spam does not necessarily contain viruses – valid messages from legitimate sources could fall into this category if not recognized by your mail filter.
Use these methods to reduce the amount of spam you receive.
• Be careful about releasing your email address.
• Be aware of options selected by default.
• Don’t follow links in spam messages.
• Consider opening an additional email account.
• Use the privacy setting on social networking sites.